We produce a variety of washable, biodegradable, 100% cotton, cloth pads. Our product range currently includes daytime and nighttime pads, panty liners, and liner holders. We have developed two Pad Kits to meet your needs during your cycle – the Deluxe Pad Kit and the Trial Pad Kit.
For every Deluxe Pad Kit purchased, PadMad donates one of our pads to a girl in need. This is in an effort to keep as many girls in school and away from transactional sex.
We are proud to announce that on the 18th January 2020 our Pads were approved by Calidatex in all 5 categories tested.
How PadMad brings comfort?
PadMad products help reduce exposure to chemicals and ease skin irritations, all with the added bonus of being eco-friendly and very comfortable.
• We use 100% natural cotton material which is breathable and friendly to the skin.
• The cotton we use is much easier to clean and reuse hygienically.
• PadMad pads last at least TWO years.
• Distribution of long-lasting reusable pads hugely saves logistic resources and bridges delivery gaps within the distribution chain therefore decreasing overall long-term costs.
• Alternatives e.g. 12 month life cycle reusable pads made of synthetic fleece and Polyurethane Laminate( PUL) are essentially not biodegradable and cause irritations and skin rashes in private parts especially if used in hot climates like Kenya. Using natural cotton PadMad pads with eco-friendly dye reduce cramps and cause less heat rashes and skin irritations.
• Our design of aesthetic looking pads with colorful Kenyan designs ensure regular usage.
• The two sizes (large and regular) and thickness of pads (to avoid leaks), reversible design with wings ensures confidence of use within the beneficiaries.
• We include a reusable bag for carrying soiled pads making it possible for the girl to change her pads in school and therefore stay in class.
• These pads are made in Kenya using Kenyan raw material and are therefore supporting many livelihoods in marginalized areas. This leads to reduction in imports of menstrual products due to local manufacturing.
• PadMad embraces: “Buy Kenya, Build Kenya” and “By Women, For Women”.
• They are more cost effective than disposable pads in the long run.
• We provide essential education regarding Menstrual Health Management (MHM) and Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR), good hygiene, and significance of negative impact on environment when using disposable alternatives.
Our hygienic sanitary pads
PadMad is a non-profit in Kenya that distributes reusable sanitary products to girls in need. These products are made so that a girl in need feels a sense of security and comfort.
Who makes the pads
Our all female production team is trained to stitch our high quality, absorbent and reusable pads. Most of these women come from underprivileged and marginalized backgrounds. The PadMad initiative empowers these women by creating an opportunity for them to develop some skills and earn a living. Our team works to ensure that high quality pads are delivered to you.